We ask that our patients:
- Give 24 hours notice when possible for cancellations; the answering machine is on 24 hours a day. We charge 20 dollars if you don’t cancel on time or make a No Show.
- NO SHOWS ARE BAD!
- Call if you have a question or a concern or if you will be late. We will do our best to fit you in but need to know in advance for consideration of other patients.
- Be on time. All patients are taken within 5 minutes of their scheduled time.
- Schedule appointments in advance and have the proper number of visits scheduled. If you don’t schedule your appointments in advance it will be more difficult to give you the times that you desire.
If you would like to set up an appointment with Jade Physical Therapy & Wellness, please remember these important steps:
- NUMBER ONE: You no longer need to obtain a physical therapy prescription/referral from your physician or other health care provider (Podiatrist, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant). PLEASE ensure that your insurance will cover physical therapy services without a prescription. Prescriptions/ referral can be obtain later if your treatment need to be extended for a long period of time.
- Call to schedule an appointment: 626-566-8332
- Please have your insurance card and referral at hand, as the receptionist will need this information to schedule your first visit and to verify your insurance ( for Medicare Patients) benefits before you arrive to your first visit.
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your first visit to fill out the required registration paperwork. for you to save time we can submit it by email if you want to complete it at home just let our receptionist know. You may either type your information into the forms directly and then print or you may print the blank forms and manually fill them out you can bring them with you or email it back.
- Please bring your insurance card some form of ID and prescription. You will be presented with a written verification of your insurance limitations, exclusion, and required co-pays and deductibles as well as your insurance percentage of responsibility. Bring some form or payment in Cash, check or credit card in case.
What should I wear?
Wearing comfortable clothing that can move freely will allow you to get the most out of your sessions. Examples include sweat pants, yoga pants, and t-shirts. Comfortable and supportive footwear is a must. Examples include sneakers or tennis shoes. Please do not wear sandals or shoes with a heel (unless medically necessary).
Should I stop taking my medications before my session?