We ask that our patients:
- Give 24 hours notice when possible for cancellations; the answering machine is on 24 hours a day. We charge 20 dollars if you don’t cancel on time or make a No Show.
- CANCELLATIONS/NO SHOWS ARE BAD!
- Call if you have a question or a concern or if you will be late. We will do our best to fit you in but need to know in advance for consideration of other patients.
- Be on time. All patients are taken within 5 minutes of their scheduled time.
- Schedule appointments in advance and have the proper number of visits scheduled. If you don’t schedule your appointments in advance it will be more difficult to give you the times that you desire.
If you would like to set up an appointment with Fernando Soutullo PT, please remember these important steps:
- NUMBER ONE: You no longer need to obtain a physical therapy prescription/referral from your physician or other health care provider (Podiatrist, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant). PLEASE ensure that your insurance will cover physical therapy services without a prescription. Prescriptions/ referral can be obtain later if your treatment need to be extended for a long period of time.
- Call to schedule an appointment: 1-866-699-4222
- Please have your insurance card and referral at hand, as the receptionist will need this information to schedule your first visit and to verify your insurance ( for Medicare Patients) benefits before you arrive to your first visit.
- Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your first visit to fill out the required registration paperwork. for you to save time we can submit it by email if you want to complete it at home just let our receptionist know. You may either type your information into the forms directly and then print or you may print the blank forms and manually fill them out you can bring them with you or email it back.
- Please bring your insurance card some form of ID and prescription. You will be presented with a written verification of your insurance limitations, exclusion, and required co-pays and deductibles as well as your insurance percentage of responsibility. Bring some form or payment in Cash, check or credit card in case.
What should I wear?
Wearing comfortable clothing that can move freely will allow you to get the most out of your sessions. Examples include sweat pants, yoga pants, and t-shirts. Comfortable and supportive footwear is a must. Examples include sneakers or tennis shoes. Please do not wear sandals or shoes with a heel (unless medically necessary).
Should I stop taking my medications before my session?
What if I can’t afford the cost of my care, what should I do?
We don’t let finances get in the way of you getting better. At any time if you have financial concerns, let us know and we can help. We have special programs and payment plans for those with high deductible or no-insurance situations. So don’t worry.
Can I pay my co-pays as I go each session?
Yes, you can. We prefer to get the financial part taken care of and out of the way so we can focus purely on you getting better, but you may pay co-pays as you go if you prefer.
How do I apply my payments toward my deductible (insurance)?
A: There’s a simple form we can give you that has all the information you will need to send to your insurance company. Just let us know and we can give that to you each session.
What if my insurance doesn’t pay you, what do I do?
Normally we give your insurance company several opportunities to respond to “failure to pay” situations, and we do everything we can on your behalf. We’ve been known to send complaints to the insurance commissioner before. But if they refuse to pay, the bill will be your responsibility as is required by law. But don’t worry, you will be given advance notice from us prior to this issue occurring. Oftentimes when you contact your insurance the issue gets resolved.
What if I can’t make an appointment?
We understand that things can come up. All we ask is that you give us a 24-hour advance notice if possible. This gives us enough time to give the slot to someone else who needs it. We incur a cost every time an appointment slot goes unfulfilled. This policy* helps us to keep our care and services affordable. Thank you for your cooperation. *Repeated offenses may lead to fees and cancellation of future appointments.
Can I bring my kids to my appointments?
Kids who do not require supervision are allowed to come and sit with you (or in the lobby). But if they need your attention, it’s not a good idea. This is YOUR time. And we find that you will get the most out of it if the session can remain distraction-free.
Will therapy make me more sore?
A: There are two types of sorenesses. A “good sore” is when muscles you haven’t worked for awhile start working again. This is good and necessary for improvement. A “bad sore” is when your primary pain increases (the original pain causing your problem). You should avoid this. If your primary pain increases and stays increased for more than 48-hours, please call us immediately.
What if I don’t do my home exercises, will that affect my progress?”
Yes. If you don’t do your program at home, or perform them irregularly, you will not get better as fast (if at all). It’s important you take our instruction seriously if you want results.
Can I ice/heat it painful area at home?
If your pain has unusually increased, more than usual, than it’s okay to ice it for 10-20 minutes but make sure to see your therapist to learn how to do it safely and effectively. Otherwise, it’s not a good idea to routinely ice/heat. Ask your therapist to learn more.
What do I do when my pain gets really bad?
A: If it’s an emergency situation, call 911. If it’s bearable but you are concerned, call us immediately. If it’s bearable and it occurs often, you may ice or heat it. Ask your therapist to learn what is best for you.
What if I’m not happy with the care, who do I talk to?
A: It doesn’t happen very often but should there be any problem, we ask that you talk to us. In most cases we find that a little communication goes a long way. Just call 1866-699-4222 to speak.
Q: “How do I get a copy of my medical records?
A: Just call 1-866-699-4222 or email us at email@example.com. There may be a small fee based on the type and volume of records you request. Please allow for up to 7 days for requests to be fulfilled.